Blogs > It's Time To Take A Stand

Being a business theatre producer has allowed Brian the opportunity to meet and work with some very fascinating people from a variety of backgrounds which, in turn, has helped shape his knowledge and his opinions. His blog will not always be political, it will be about a lifetime of subjects, and nothing is off limits. “Few people have original thoughts, we are shaped by the people we know and meet” he says.



Monday, April 5, 2010

Feeling Bad for Illinois Citizens!

I was channel surfing the other day and happened to catch Celebrity Apprentice, where "B" list celebrities join Donald Trump on a television program in an attempt to raise money for their favorite charities. It is almost entertaining but a worthwhile cause. What caught my eye was the fact that former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was one of the celebrities and he was selected as Team Leader for this particular task.

Intrigued, I decided to watch. The more I watched the more I felt sorry for the people of Illinois. Here was their former disgraced governor displaying to the world and probably the other 12 people who were watching with me, a level of incompetence that was so complete I felt sorry for him.

Here was a man who was in charge of his state as governor and he didn't even know how to use a cell phone, let alone a computer. He didn't know how to text, fax, make a phone call with his iPhone, email or even turn on a computer. It showed just how much he depended on someone do everything for him. I couldn't believe that someone could be that technology challenged. I know many elderly people who at least know how to use a cell phone, some email and a little Facebook but this was a level of incompetence that is subterranean.

I am not saying that an elected official should be a technology expert but they claim to be experts in every other field as a matter of fact. A minuscule amount of technology knowledge should be mandatory. Makes me wonder what our governor knows or doesn't know. Actually, it scares the hell out of me.

And then he spoke. Always answering questions with the usual skill of a politician, always talking for extended periods of time without actually saying anything.

When asked by Donald Trump to explain his managerial style, he attempted to defend his lack of knowledge with rambling answers and never making sense.

If he is an example of politicians who are running our country or our state, God help us.

In the end, Donald Trump said, "Rod, you're fired." It was music to my ears.

Think I am being too harsh, Celebrity Apprentice is run again on Friday evening on CNBC from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Watch it and let me know your stand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Workman said...

I caught part of that too. It wasn't just Blagojevich's blatant inability to use technology, but also that he delegated to the point of where he was doing absolutely no work himself. I believe being able to delegate is important, but Blagojevich wasn't delegating, he was shirking his responsibilities. As a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice, I could care less. But it was more than that; it was insight into how poorly Illinois was run while he was in office.

April 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM 

Post a Comment

How to post a comment:
1. Select the Post to which you want to Comment.
2. Scroll down to the add a comment area
3. Select a profile (Google Account, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM, etc..)
4. Create an account or sign in.
5. Post comment.
6. Input security code.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home