Blogs > It's Time To Take A Stand

Being a business theatre producer has allowed Brian the opportunity to meet and work with some very fascinating people from a variety of backgrounds which, in turn, has helped shape his knowledge and his opinions. His blog will not always be political, it will be about a lifetime of subjects, and nothing is off limits. “Few people have original thoughts, we are shaped by the people we know and meet” he says.



Friday, October 29, 2010

Sad Times Ahead

Listening to Mark Brewer today on the Frank Beckman show on WJR with John McCullough filling in for Frank, I have made a decision thanks to Mr. Brewer's continued truth distortions and spreading of lies.

I have never voted a straight ticket in my life. I have always split my vote based on my research of each candidate and the position each candidate took on issues which I felt were important.

The decision Mr. Brewer helped me make was to vote a straight line Republican ticket.

It is a sad state when our voting choices are based on how many lies one party tells but I feel it is important to take a stand. Each party needs to stop this constant barrage of lies and mis-truths. By mis-truths I mean half truths and innuendos that really make false statements but are disguised as true statements. Candidates need to stop "Politics as usual" because many Americans are fed up with this tactic.

I feel the Republicans are trying to take the high road most of the time. Yes, I know that some will stoop to levels that only Politicians will descend but generally they try to maintain some civility. Washington needs to know we will no longer take it as does Lansing and our local politicians.

Remember to vote on Nov. 2nd because it is very important to America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

How to post a comment:
1. Select the Post to which you want to Comment.
2. Scroll down to the add a comment area
3. Select a profile (Google Account, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad, AIM, etc..)
4. Create an account or sign in.
5. Post comment.
6. Input security code.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home